View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi alaina. your dr sounds like he is trying different things that are used for rsd, but from what have lived and learned from rsd is that if definitely can spread. my neurologist didn't seem to thinks so but my pm dr did and after five years of living with this monster i know for a fact it does spread. your dr should read all the documentation of spread on this forum and online. the fact that he doesn't makes me think that he is just guessing and maybe if he were to try adjusting your meds, have you try light aqua therapy and pt then you may feel better and not have to go through all these extremely invasive and expensive procedures. i have never done ketamine either but know of others who have and it was not easy to tolerate and the effects didn't last. you may want to get a second opinion and also look for another pm dr who is more knowledgeable with rsd. otherwise he may just keep trying test after test which in my experience can cause more spread and infection of rsd. i am not a dr but it happened to me and my drs also warned me about invasive procedures. just be careful and whatever you decide to do i hope and pray that you feel better soon. soft hugs my friend.

p.s. i am not a dr and though i never tried ketamine i do know that everyone who had rsd responds differently to treatments so maybe it might help you. but that is something you and your drs have to decide. whatever you do decide i hope you find some pain relief soon. personally i try to do the least invasive things first and then if they don't work then i consider trying the next best treatment available with the help of my drs. hugs.

Last edited by RSD ME; 07-27-2016 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added a p.s.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-27-2016), PurpleFoot721 (07-27-2016), zinnia (07-27-2016)