View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 06:19 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou1978 View Post
Hi Mat - Sorry for the late reply. I am no expert but i thought that if you had it in your mouth, arms and legs it would be NLD SFN. I think most good neuros class this presentation as an inflammatory neuropathy. This presentation has been enough to get IVIG, however my Skin biopsy was unusual as it showed increased fibers, which the professor felt was in keeping with an inflammatory process. I am thinking if you got it done in London, they can then compare your biopsy to others. They can then look at all your other issues and may recommend ivig. I think you are right, if you don't get anywhere with these dr's then if you can get there, it may be worth a visit. Good Luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Loulou this is really helpful. However I'm fairly sure that a London doctor wouldn't be able to sort out IViG for me up here in Scotland. I am about to post about the immune mediated thing but very interesting to know what your neuro thinks about NLD SFN and the immune aspects of it. Mat x

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote