View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 08:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Mat, often a nucleolar ANA staining pattern is indicative of scleroderma, which is a complicated autoimmune disease. There is some general information about it here Overview - Scleroderma - Mayo Clinic.

Often but not always unusually low (not high) levels of complement protein C3 are associated with autoimmune diseases. Maybe check this with the lab which did the analysis - mistakes have been known to happen.
Thanks Kiwi. Yes the GP mentioned Scleroderma. I am just worried that they will decide that the SFN isn't related to my high inflammation levels and I'll be left with systemic treatments only. Waiting for results is so hard. Not a very patient patient me! Re compliment levels - I think raised levels just indicate same thing as CRP which is also raised in my case - acute phase of inflammation. My RBCs are also raised which worried me intol GP said its not high enough to be of concern and is probably just me!

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-28-2016)