View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 01:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
My CRPS started in both knees due to an accident (dashboard injury). My right knee kept bothering me most, so that was "tackled" first. They put me in a cast from ankle to hip to try and stabilize the knee, to see if that would work - it didn't (and I had blue feet by then) and I later had to have surgery on that knee. Surgery lasted 3H, they had to clean it out (debris) and fix a few things. After surgery my leg turned black. Back then they didn't know I had CRPS, which is why they still put a cast on and still did the surgery.

Almost 3 years in, I was diagnosed with CRPS, by that time it had spread to both legs throughout (toes to hips). The left knee was left like it was.

I wouldn't let the casts be put on if it isn't 100% necessary (for a broken bone or something like that). But that's just me.
Thank you for your reply. I am sorry you had such a rough time of it. I think the theory here for me is that it would be safer to cast than to operate, they want to straighten my leg out to prevent damage to my hip and the CRPS spreading further up my leg x
abigailsophiex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (07-31-2016)