View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 03:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It can take months and months for the superficial nerves at an impact sight to heal. As they do heal, they can feel tender.

When recovering for a concussion, it is VERY helpful to go with the flow. Various aches, pains and odd sensations do not mean anything unless they are severe. The over-sensitivity to any sensory stimuli makes these issues APPEAR to be much more.

Give yourself a break and try to learn to tolerate and move past this minor issues.
Agree with everything Mark says here. I had symptoms that completely debilitated me for much of last spring and summer, partly because I let them. This did not negate the fact that I have a very cognitively demanding job and my brain just wasn't working right as I tried to slog through. Paying attention to every little symptom makes things seem much, much worse, though. Like so many people on this board, I am also prone to anxiety and depression. It is a toxic soup from which one feels one may never recover.

There is also this; from everything I've read prolonged concussion symptoms have never killed anyone. They can be uncomfortable and even super weird but after that initial few week period when there might be a brain bleed causing severe symptoms, from everything I've read you just have to go with the flow, as Mark said. It sure did help me get back to close to "normal." Just try to relax and not stress about you condition.
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote