Thread: The Heat is On!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have found a great shower cool down... The Bert's Bees peppermint body wash! Now that stuff is awesome for cooling down in this heat... Providing you can handle taking 2-3 showers a day (right now hot as its been and sick as I've been its more like 5 showers a day) but it's just so minty cool and smells great too if you like peppermint . I have to say I was initially flabbergasted over my recent allergies to SLSs (sodium lauyrel sulfates) which is an ingredient in the majority of soaps even Castile soap . But it's given me a chance to find funky alternatives that I wouldn't have tried in the past.

Best part is it can even double as a shampoo leaving everything minty cool, soft and yet shockingly clean... A little worried though as the GB used the bath sponge on the shower door and it took off the hard water stains I hadn't gotten around to cleaning up. So I'm not really sure if it's a "gentle" body wash that makes things feel so clean or some kind of weird minty acid wash that makes you feel clean only because you just lost about three layers of skin But I do feel cooler for about an hour or so after showering with it.
tkrik (07-28-2016)