View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:42 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I saw the exact same syringe on Amazon.

If your med came in a vial, you would have need a syringe with a needle attached (like diabetics use) to draw the solution because you wouldn't be able to get access to the med otherwise. In retrospect, I realize that's an asinine idea on my part, since you aren't injecting yourself… I'm sorry Mari, I'm not always all there. Drawing up small amounts of meds with a syringe with a needle is much easier though, and the contents could be injected into your water… don't know if you could get one/some OTC though.

I don't know the dimensions of the container the risperdal comes in, but a smaller and taller container, if at all possible, might make things easier… maybe a tall clear shot glass?

Your pharmacist may have some good suggestions, too. I imagine you're not the first person to have this issue. They may have a different container for you… they have lots of different containers. It sounds like it would be difficult for anyone to draw up the proper dose given the current situation.

I've read the side effects for risperdal, and apparently it can be activating for some people. Can you try, have you tried, are comfortable trying taking the klonopin with the risperdal? It might be something worth talking to your pdoc about. That's how I was taking it.

I'm sorry that this is aggravating your sleep problems even more- just what you don't need. My hope is that it's only temporary, or your pdoc has a suggestion to minimize the problems it's causing you
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-28-2016), Dmom3005 (07-28-2016)