View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default 1.5 year after last concussion, will it continue to improve?

Hi all,
I'm a 27 year old guys. I have suffered PCS for about 2 years. It started with the an elbow into the head I got during play soccer. The initial symptom wasn't too bad but due to lack of information, I continued to get 3 other concussions and thing get much worse.

Just 1.5 year ago, I was unable to walk for more than 15 minutes, biking and reading was impossible and I had to take 3 melatonin pills to get through the night. The condition improved slowly in the last 1.5 year. Now, I am able to ride a bike for about 45 minutes and can sleep for 7 hours at night without taking melatonin. I haven't return to work yet since my head still hurt and I can't do intensive concentration. Still, I made a big progress in the last 1.5 year.

However, in the last three months thing seems to improve slower. I wonder if my improvement has stop at this point after 1.5 year because I read this from Wikipedia "If symptoms are not resolved by one year, they are likely to be permanent, " or "Most all of your recovery will be in your first year. Any gains after that will be minimal at best.”
My question is will my brain stop recovering and I have to live with the current state for the rest of my life. If not, are there anyone on this forum was able to make a recovery ( I mean to the point when we can go to work again) after a long period such as 3 to 5 years?
Thank you very much for your support.
trongnhantv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thorx89 (09-02-2016)