View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:11 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Well, first of all thank you all you guys for you kindness and intelligence, and sorry for the grammar, my main language is spanish. I will reply everyone:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
A skin biopsy is not risky.
Your doctor must be talking about a "nerve" biopsy. That is risky and not done much anymore now that we have a newer method. I had the skin biopsy and it was positive. I also have the feeling my parts of me feeling like a bruise. It does sound like you might have small fiber neuropathy. Have you had a full work up for autoimmune diseases?
Yeah you right , I tough the same about he think is risky the nerve no the skin biopsy. I guess I just dont have the biopsy yet is for the difficult to get, but is possible on my "state" just expensive and here doctors go first for QST but i read is much better the biopsy... About full work up for autoimmune diseases, don't know maybe if you give a name example... If is something very weird to do most probably no (most probably Health insurances does not cover something very weird/expensive; some that doctor give me and for that reason didnt do yet are : "AC Anti MAG, AC Anti Sulfatido, AC Anti GD1b")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
I think the whole psychalgia thing I think is often just the doctors taking the easy way out
In my experience was mostly psychiatrists who said that (of which I have had very bad feelings through the years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop262 View Post
But I think that is highly unlikely in a person who does not have any other signs or history of anxiety or depression.
I also have had history of anxiety and depression, but mostly about that. Also I had other sad symtoms that (like this) didnt have diagnosis or treatment, like annoying tongue pain for more than a decade (few years ago I was told it was for a trauma habit with the teeths - in internet say its anxiety, even almost all doctors i visited didnt recognized this problem :/ but now I feel much better) Acne, I was treated with Isotretinoin after several years of comings and goings...
When the neuropathic pain back two years ago I was very stressed and depressed for these other health problems ( I have those worst than ever despite 10 years of effort visiting doctors But those problems eventually resolved) Also I was very frustrated to have sensitive to cold in parts of my body (feets, hands, parts of the legs cold to touch) but I also wasnt diagnosed with something for this. For this I have had a lot of insomnia , anxiety and depression in the past; so I have history of bad health but dont know if bad lucky or what, I never smoke, drink, did physical training all those years, visited several doctors, I have had good family, so dont know...
And thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
I'm sorry about what's happening to you and that you've had to come here for that reason, but this is a good place for help and empathy. You've received good advice so far. I just want to reiterate that many of us who have neuropathy here have at some point in the process of diagnosis encountered physicians who out of laziness, stupidity, ignorance or some combination (or whatever other reason) attributed the cause of our symptoms to some underlying psychological or psychiatric reason..

Best of luck getting to the bottom of what's going on!
Sorry for you man, only really good doctors ,who are the few ,wont go for this , but sadly you have to saw differents doctors until find the best doctor for difficult things like this. laziness
I received similar tips because this. But the worst are psychiatrists in my opinion.

Thank you and sorry by the extension
Marianolp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote