View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 09:12 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Help

If you have Shingles, you need to get to urgent care or the ER IMMEDIATELY. Waiting makes the treatment less effective!! PLEASE GO IN NOW. Do not wait!! Trust me, the sooner the better. It's literally a 72 hour window (3 days).

There's an easy scrape test that they do to confirm it.

If you have it, please take Methylcobalamin B12 tablets (2 - 6 5 mg. tablets per day or more). It helps heal the peripheral nerves that Shingles attacks. Taking acidophilus would be a good idea, too. Vitamin C as well.

The Acyclovir, or the Shingles, might make you very tired. Then sleep.

There's only a short time to nip this in the bud. GO IN. This is one of those conditions, like a stroke, that needs care right away.

I hope you'll be okay. Remember, any infection, viral or bacterial, will make MG worse. Even if it's not Shingles, you have a rash that is not normal, while being immunosupressed.

Annie

I need to add to that I had Shingles on the side of my face/neck. I was starting to have symptoms of encephalopathy (brain being effected) due to the Shingles location and got a fever and other symptoms. Luckily, the drugs finally kicked in. DO NOT take this lightly. PLEASE go in now.

Last edited by AnnieB3; 07-29-2016 at 10:07 AM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote