View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Is anybody good at reading MRI results?

This is probably a crazy request, but if anybody could shed some light on what any of this means and if any of it ties into my neuropathy, I would greatly appreciate the input. I am meeting with my neurologist in a month to go over it, but I am so eager to know! She said nothing is really wrong, but there are a few things on my results that were noted. Just not sure what they mean?

Any ideas? Anybody good at reading this stuff?

EXAM: MR BRAIN WITHOUT AND WITH CONTRAST
CLINICAL INFORMATION: 30-year-old female with paresthesias and burning sensations in the hands and feet since January 2016.
CONCLUSION:
1. Solitary, nonspecific 3 mm T2/FLAIR hyperintense focus in the anterior left subinsular white matter is favored to represent gliosis related to a prominent perivascular space which can commonly occur in this location. Additional etiologies of white matter change including early chronic microangiopathic ischemia, demyelination, trauma, vasculitides, and other infectious/inflammatory processes may be considered in the appropriate clinical setting.
2. Synovial versus ganglion cyst along the medial margin of the right temporal mandibular joint.
3. Mild ethmoid mucosal thickening.
mskari85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote