View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:30 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
Snoel, I don't live with MG but immunology and cell biology are among my interests.

Out of curiosity, which kind of stem cells are being considered for you - there are many different kinds of stem cells, all with different biological properties?
Listen I'm no doctor....long story short is that they medicate me to over produce STEM CELLS and once they have reached there goal they collect them same way as PlasmaPherisis same machine bit takes much longer 6 to 8h once done they freeze them...

Now the tough part CHEMOTHERAPY start's to KILL your immune system! this can vary for the time length of treatment, again once they reach a certain point they STOP the chemo treatment then reinfuse the stems cells they had earlier collected from you and restart your immune system or reboots it to a fresh start... Meaning having to re do all your vaccines bla bla bla.

All the above all done in stages and I'm sure I'm missing out on some details but it's an overview, like I said I'm no doctor but if. I do go ahead with it I'll try to fill you guys in with the progress and bump's in the road😉
Snoel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote