Thread: foot dystonia
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwad01 View Post
Quick question-- my foot dystonia in the morning are my worst complaint--ive tried various things-- warmth-magnesium, etc without benefit--it definitely improves with anxiety reduction or distraction--so im wondering-if like with any involuntary muscle contraction-- that has to be ionized calcium -or intracellular calcium mediated in the end--whether or not the transition from sleep to wake which is associated with a mild decrease in carbon dioxide which will move calcium unto binding proteins and lower the ionized fraction---is at least partially responsible-- if it is-then maneuvers like breath holding or rebreathing-eg into a paper bag - would help or prevent them--anyone ever try???
Hi and welcome to this group,
Thanks for sharing your youtube project on P.D. lots of good advice.
I used to get dystonia in my foot more noticeably first thing when rising in mornings too.
The only suggestion I can think of is to up your levodopa intake or at least try and take your morning Sinemet or similar dosage 1/2 to 1 hr before getting out of bed.
Dystonia in general I find responds well to adding an extra 50mgs of Sinemet to what you would normally have for your current dose if it continues throughout the day too.
Best wishes.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote