View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi all...hope everyone survived the heat and storms. Another extreme summer that is becoming the norm, I'm afraid...

Been busy up at the cabin. The water went down slowly as we have a small creek that takes the water to the St. Croix river, which itself was very high. We had friends who used the place for several days with their 4 children...they couldn't ski or tube, due to docks still being under water; high wakes cause more problems for people who's homes are still inundated with flood water.

We got a pic yesterday from our neighbor showing our doc finally above water We will go back up next week to clean up everything before DS38 & family arrive from out of town. The water is still a bit orange from the iron in the river that flowed into our lake, but it is clear down to the bottom; it's safe for all to swim.

Our whole wood pile moved en masse about 2 feet, so DH & I had to move it back after replacing the boat rack piece by piece. It was a slow, muddy job.

I ended up in the hospital this past thursday. I woke up feeling a bit nauseous. Then I got jaw pain, pain in between shoulder blades and feeling "not right". I was going to call DH who was working out 30 min away, but I felt really bad, so I called 911. I thought I was having a heart attack...they took me to the ER. EKG was normal, but I did show a small blockage in a coronary artery during a stress test last week. So they took me to the heart hospital where my cardiologist is. They performed the angiogram that was scheduled for the following Monday yesterday, and it showed nothing wrong at all

So maybe it is anxiety? It woke me up though...I joined weight watchers this morning and DH is going to be my "coach"...it's so difficult doing it alone. I have a lot to live for-especially him...so I am going to attend to my health and well-being and LIVE LIFE
agate (07-30-2016), PamelaJune (07-30-2016), Starznight (07-30-2016), tkrik (08-01-2016)