View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 05:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about all that your mother has been going through! This is a tough question. If she needs a ventilator, that's an essential thing. I hope she starts regaining strength, and won't need that extra help with breathing for much longer.

Meanwhile, has her medical team mentioned non-invasive ventilation? If she is making improvement, I wonder if that would be an option for her. I am not a medical professional, but I know sometimes I know non-invasive ventilators are used as an alternative treatment in hospitals. I have used them when I am having trouble breathing with my myasthenia when I have been hospitalized, although I think my problems were not as severe as your mother's. Non-invasive ventilators are used in hospitals, and there are also units designed for home use. I have one here. It is like a fancy BiPAP machine. I use it at night, and also during the day when I am having a lot of trouble breathing. You could ask your mother's pulmonologist about it.

Best wishes to you and your mom!

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote