View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 07:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Problems with ER?

Yesterday, I went to the ER for problems related to my myasthenia gravis. I was having a lot of trouble breathing, along with great difficulty walking, swallowing, more trouble with vision, and so forth. My internist said I should go to the ER.

It is hard, because my pulmonologist and neurologist are off for the weekend. They didn't do the tests they should have done. The only appropriate test they did was a breathing test (MIP) which I wasn't strong enough to do. I couldn't get the needle on the gauge to move, so the result was zero. Before, when that happened, they admitted me to ICU. Yesterday, because my doctors were not on call this weekend, they didn't. They said I'd have to wait until Monday, when I should call my doctors and see what they recommend. I have had similar problems before. I have a feeling I need to be admitted, but this is really difficult.

Have any of you run into problems like that when you were having myasthenic exacerbations? How do you work around these problems?

Thank you,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote