Thread: Good news...!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks everyone!!

I think the best bit is that where my bed will go I will be able to look out of the window into the garden. I went up to visit it and the neighbours are lovely - and one is a nurse, another an HCA (health care assistant) and there are another 3 people with cottages around there, but after meeting them I really felt that this was meant to be - it was amazing - they understood RSD - well, neuropathic pain - as one of the nurses is off with L1/L2 herniated disks and L3/L4/L5 slipped disks and spinal stenosis - so we had a good old chat about gabapentin!

I have some photos which I will post when I can find my camera (the trip to the house really took it out of me) but it is amazing! The back gardens are private and then there is about an acre of land at the front shared between the cottages, complete with communal vegetable patch and where all the dogs can roam freely. It's a pretty wow place as it is in the middle of fields and all you can see to each horizon is either green fields or woods - and even better - it wasn't flooded!

I know! I am so pleased to finally have something positive happen! and it will be awesome to be living so close to people again and to be able to see the garden when I am stuck in bed!

Desi: Thanks babe, how are you doing? I am still working on mum - she is not overly excited about it and keeps throwing hissy fits about it - but she WILL come round.

Mary: That was the clincher - being able to take the dogs with me - I have a white alsation and a bijon frise and they are such a part of my (home) life, I can't imagine leaving them when I could have them with me (I can't have them at uni). I know what you mean about the animals - they just know when you are having a bad day and just make the pain less isolating and lonely - even if I can't have them on the bed just having them sleeping in the room, or having Fred (one of the cats) asleep on my wheelchair just makes it.. easier.

Barb: Thanks! I totally see what you mean - I found out today that HCA is going to try and borrow some equipment from the wards at work so that I can move in! and also they have agreed to come and help as much as needed! I am so wowed by the whole thing! It definetly feels like I am being pushed in that direction! Just need to persaude mum....

Molly: LOL, but of course.! Then Ben can come down! YAY!!

Jeannie: What type of dogs have you got? I know! GOOD NEWS! YAY! sometimes it does start to feel all negative! I am so looking forward to abit more independence - going to uni was great, but you are still surrounded by staff, house keepers, adults and then you have a responsibility to other students, so it will be so cool to be 100% independent (well, apart from the carers). Independence is total heaven! suddenly no one makes up silly rules that you will obviously break etc!

Thanks so much all of you!!

All my love

Frogga xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
frogga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote