Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:28 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

No fever, but I'm still FOS… the colon cleanse and suppositories didn't clean out my small bowel at all despite going to the BR about 20X. I'm so full there's no way I can identify an impaction anywhere in those areas if there is one. I think the Linzess is working now because I had a little diarrhea this morning without taking anything else. There's no way it will do the job alone though.

Bobby, I considered taking magnesium citrate before I contacted the gastro so I bought 2 bottles. I'm considering buying some gatorade (I can't take it straight) and taking it tonight. Friday and yesterday's treatment was very aggressive, but I don't feel sore or dehydrated, so think I'm going to do it anyway. I don't want to go to the gastro this constipated…

Mari, If I'm this constipated when I go to the gastro after going through the colon cleanse, they may want to admit me to the hospital…

I have a huge big fear of/aversion to being treated inpatient for constipation. I know how it's treated (because I've done it myself a couple dozen times to patients) and I'd find it ****ing humiliating. If it was in any way physically possible, or I had an extra set of willing hands, I could have taken care of this myself once I first realized I was impacted, and I wouldn't be in the position I'm in now.

Bizi, I'm willing to bet your friend wasn't as constipated as me when she was having her issues. The degree of constipation I was dealing with can be very painful on its own, and it makes it hard to tell if something else is going on. I never considered an ovarian cyst, but I have a history of them. Last ultrasound, I did have one on my left ovary, but it was small and shrinking. If there's one there that's big enough, the NP will be able to feel it on an external exam. She should be able to feel if I have diverticulitis. I'm not going to worry about that unless my pain gets worse or I get a fever again though.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-31-2016), Dmom3005 (08-01-2016), Mari (08-02-2016)