View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Adjustments can slip back out of place, usually due to a muscle spasms pulling it out, or muscle memory if it was out for a long time...
The body may think the old position was the normal one, so tries to go back to that.
Then you need to get re adjusted or checked for that..it may take more than a few visit for it to stay in place.
If spasms /muscle tightness is the cause , those need to be addressed for best results.

The chiro I went to did soft tissue work as well as adjusting..
I also strained my neck after the adjustment, which I have since learned is not a good thing as it can cause this type of stuff. The jolt from the adjustment could have also triggered BPPV again. Either way I have not gone back to a traditional chiropractor since.

Understanding my setback is not an anxious compulsion. I wish to know what happened as it was not like any other "normal" setbacks I had previously and was not consistent with any symptoms I had before. I just would like to know so I do not repeat what happened. I have gotten back into something that resembles a normal life, and I don't want to jeopardize it by having that reoccur. I think you need to look at my username. Engineers have a need to understand the root of a problem and are analytical. Some anxiety and stress is normal and is part of being human, is it not?
ConcussedEngineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote