View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

If the chiro did a 'twist the head and pop the neck' adjustment, they can cause some light trauma and inflammation. This is not usually a long term issue.

I have an engineers mind, too. That need to understand everything is well understood. But, a 'one off' event is very difficult to trace to the trigger. If it was 'every time I do xyz' situation, there could be some tracking. Learning to moderate the engineer's need to understand will serve you well. I grew up with a family of engineer minds. The neurotic like stress was not healthy. Not every question can or needs to be answered. Some situations just "are" without explanation.

A single miserable night's sleep can be problematic. An emotional event can too. A thought that triggers a 'I messed myself up' thought that replays over and over can, too. We have seen many of those. Sometimes, we relapse without any identifiable stressors or traumas. It is just the nature of PCS.

Learning to go with the flow without reacting can be beneficial.

I had to slow down and moderate my thought intensity. I can increase such intensity but I will pay for it afterward. For me, short bursts of thought intensity of my engineer's mind are OK if I reduce such intensity after a short period. I know I cannot live the way I used too.

The high tech industry has realized this need, even with the normal, never concussed mind. Breaks with distractions give the mind a break to recharge for the next intense effort. Few are successful at maintaining intensity for long periods.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote