View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 11:24 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

since you might be closer than further from applying for ssdi let me tell you another of my experiences.

someone at my neuro's office told me to approach the application for ssdi like a thesis. he said to be detailed and to not approach the questions like you were having your best day, but your worst.

when i had it filled out and my drs said they mailed in their info about me i waited......only to get a denial letter (common, right?) which amoung other things said they were missing info from my pcp. i called their office and they said they sent it in. ????? too late, i'd already been denied. so had to pay thru the nose for COBRA for 18 mos. then i hired an attorney and applied again. i was approved. a very expensive and stressful wait.

that's why i always suggest that we get copies of reports, tests, dr notes etc.
i would have done that had i been smarter. then i make a copy of the copies and mail it to them return receipt requested.

also, when i told my neuro that i couldn't work anymore he ordered some other tests, functional capacity studies, to document my weaknesses. so get your drs to document, document, document.

and, ps....if you're taking any meds or even OTC meds get your dr to write an Rx and put it in your medical file. you can write these of on your taxes.

sorry this is so long. i wish someone had told me these things when i was first dx'd.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bddouglas (08-07-2016), Blessings2You (08-08-2016), ewizabeth (07-31-2016), tkrik (08-01-2016)