View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 08:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks. I found this article by Chris Kesser which discusses possible causes of increased LDL. You pretty much nailed it.

What Causes Elevated LDL Particle Number?

A tightrope is definitely what I'm walking with my insulin issues. When I get home from work, my blood sugar is often in the low 70s and sometimes high 60s (which I can usually feel). I'm going to have to start snacking more.

I've seen my new primary care once for a new patient visit, but didn't come away with a great feeling. I'm thinking about asking for a referral to an endocrinologist to see if they might spot something.

I'm also 35 minutes from Johns Hopkins if I could just figure out what kind of doctor to try to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madisongrrl View Post
There are also others things besides diet and exercise that drive that LDL particle count - thyroid, stress, infections etc. Plus you haven't yet figured out a root cause for yours SFN and for all you know, that could be driving those numbers.

You have a tightrope to walk with your insulin issues. And high insulin can drive that your particle count up as well. I was thinking maybe you had some genetics at play, but you are not an ApoE4. I'm stumped....
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (08-01-2016)