View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:49 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Setback after infection

This is my first post, so I will first of all introduce my history with PCS and then come to the acute problem.

I had a minor concussion last year in June by being hit on the back of my head hard.
Except for nausea all acute symptoms matched, however concussion was never officially diagnosed, so I also went right back to school without any rest.

The symptoms following me for now a year were constant headache on both temporals, but not always the most severe, difficulties concentrating, also having problems finding the right words, dizziness, fatigue, difficulties recognizing my whole environment, light sensitivity as well as sometimes sound sensitivity accompanied by short sudden hearing loss and tinnitus.

To treat all that I made 30 minutes naps in the noon, used magnesium as well and I take a pill that includes the follwowing, after my breakfast:
Bacopa monnieri (Bragmi), Sieritis scardica, Vit. B5 18mg, Vit. B6 20mg, Vit. B9 400 ug, Cobalamin 500 ug, zinc 1,5mg and additionally Vit. D3 1000 i.E.
A blood picture was made with deficite in Vit. D3 (25-OH-Vitamin-D3), and Vitamin B12 was in gray area. Also I had 6 seassions with a physiotherapist, which hasn't helped at all, maybe it was just not specific enough for my problems. I started jogging for 40 mins last october, I was always exhausted afterwards for longer than normal people might need to get out of their exhaustion, but on the long run I assume it has helped.

First major improvements were seen from April on and after I had done one week of physical and psychical rest in the beginning of June (according to the following study: **) together with taking those Vitamin B's, I felt gradually better and also I didn't need my nap in the noon anymore, as well all other symptoms were not so severe any longer.

However then sleeping problems started, I woke up in the nigth and it was difficult to fall asleep again, resulting after ~1.5 weeks in increased dizziness and tiredness. I then also got an infection with light fever up to 38.6°C (101.48° F). With that all symptoms worsened again esp. fatigue and after over 5 weeks I still feel terrible. Blood was again checked with no evidence.
In the beginning I was also given antibiotics without having a blood pircture and probably it was tortally unnecessary. Could this be a reason for my bad status, too?

What should I do to get back to my preinfectional status?

Does anybody know good doctors in the area of Bavaria in Germany for PCS related problems?

Thank you so much for our help.
concus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote