View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 05:07 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default A year out from concussion, continuance of vague symptoms

Hey guys. I'm currently a year out from what was a mTBI. I didn't get knocked out, wasn't confused and the only early symptoms I had was the obvious headache, which progressed over the weeks to dizziness, nausea, light sensitivity, feeling off balance (room spinning) etc. It actually took most of those symptoms quite a while to come on, weeks/months. It took me a long time to get a concussion diagnosis from the doctors (and a sick certificate because of it).

Now over the past 12 months things have gradually improved to the point I'm pretty normal generally. But I still have a variety of what I call 'odd' sensations that make life rather unpleasant compared to before, to the point that if you mention them to doctors they make you feel a bit nuts for even discussing it. Being

- Vague sense of tingling over the whole body. Kind of like an adrenalin tingling feeling but even at complete rest, comes and goes
- Vague sense of nausea/fullness. Again, comes and goes. I find the more overloaded I get the more it comes on. Sometimes i struggle to eat

- Tiredness. Activities that used to be pleasant, such as catching up with friends for a few hours can make me feel completely wrecked.

- Headache but just between my eyes. More like the whole facial muscles around my eyes nose are 'tight' would be a better term for it. Nothing like the earlier headaches.

- Sensation of 'overdoing it' and getting the feeling of anxiety symptoms. This is the hardest to describe, for instance if you watch a movie for a few hours, towards the end you might feel a bit 'shaky' and just feel a bit off.

- Vague sense of off balance at times, like you're not entirely grounded, or feel like you're swaying in the breeze when standing.

The thing is, at 12 months out, is there really anything you can do at this point? I don't really feel anything makes me feel better, nor do I find specific triggers that make it feel worse. I'll often feel great for some weeks (say 9/10) then others not so great.
hazelnuts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote