View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 04:25 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinBear View Post
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear about all that your mother has been going through! This is a tough question. If she needs a ventilator, that's an essential thing. I hope she starts regaining strength, and won't need that extra help with breathing for much longer.

Meanwhile, has her medical team mentioned non-invasive ventilation? If she is making improvement, I wonder if that would be an option for her. I am not a medical professional, but I know sometimes I know non-invasive ventilators are used as an alternative treatment in hospitals. I have used them when I am having trouble breathing with my myasthenia when I have been hospitalized, although I think my problems were not as severe as your mother's. Non-invasive ventilators are used in hospitals, and there are also units designed for home use. I have one here. It is like a fancy BiPAP machine. I use it at night, and also during the day when I am having a lot of trouble breathing. You could ask your mother's pulmonologist about it.

Best wishes to you and your mom!

Take care,
Erin
Erin, Thanks much for your response. I will look into that. The hope is that she can eventually have the trach reversed. Right now she is on the trach collar.

Best,

Rob
RobTom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote