View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 12:18 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doydie View Post
I am proud of Charlie. I had to drive across town today to pick up a prescription that couldn't be called in. So he said for me to drive him to the mall, then go to my doctor's office and then drop the script off at Sam's and then pick him up. He was one tired cookie. He did call me while I was at Sam's and ask where I was. I could tell over the phone he was short of breath. But he had just sat down. I also warned him to expect about a year for him to completely recover. It pains me to watch him at times. He has aged so. What with his Parkinson's then the ulcerative colitis and now two major surgeries and then this abscess and rediculously high fever, he has been through the ringer. But he looks like an old man and he is just 68. He had always said he wouldn't live to see 70. I had really had to talk him out of that thought. But now I wonder.

doydie,
both of you are so tired and beat. He has been through a lot of big surgery which really takes a lot out of you. I was through quite a bit with my cancerous rectum removal/couple of feet of colon removed not quite 4 years ago. then the abdominal hernias/surgery. The incision was larger than the cancer surgery. Then abdominal muscle separation a few months ago.

Guess what???? I thought I would not be here today; but here I am writing to you and not quite the "girl" I once was; but have a husband that still gets around pretty good; like you; and so I/we need to keep up. (hubby and I are going out to lunch tomorrow.) Before you know it; Charlie will start to make big improvements and the tired old look will start to brighten up But, he's got to get over this not making it til he's 70; I did !!!!!!! So will he and then some.

Prayers with/for both of you.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
doydie (08-02-2016), PamelaJune (08-02-2016)