View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Sorry for any confusion. I could've been more clear about compounded topicals. I have not been on much lately and skimped on details. My topical is made by a compounding pharmacy for my particular needs.

It has 10% ketoprofen, 4% ketamine and 6% gabapentin in a creamy base. DMSO was added to help absorption. This was prescribed by my Doctor. We could have added lidocaine but I opted to buy it separately over the counter. I tried another topical formulation that did not help nearly so much. We are indeed all different.

I absolutely agree that medications are highly personal and between a patient and Doctor. That said, we can pool tremendous resources of experience by making suggestions from our own toolboxes. I am sure Abigailsophie understands I was offering something that "may" help and was helpful for me. We must all follow our own wisdom on what is best for us based on our knowledge of ourselves and the advice of practitioners we trust.

Best to you Abigailsophie on whatever treatment you pursue.
That's great to hear. Thank you for clarifying.

I have never heard of such a cream/compound. Hmm, interesting! I have heard of full DMSO cream, but that you can't leave on your leg and have to remove within a certain amount of time, or else it burns the leg.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote