View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post
Dear NeuroTalk PN Friends,

I've been taking Gabapentin since last summer, about a year. It stopped almost all of the pain and discomfort of my SFN.

However, I've had some strange neurological? problems, which started this Spring. And I've had a CT Scan of my head, and an EEG, both of which were normal.

After some research I decided that perhaps the Gabapentin was the cause of the neurological problems (limb jerking, core body jerking leading to falls).

So I am on a program of withdrawal. Withdrawing from Gabapentin is compared in difficult to heroin withdrawal. I know nothing about withdrawal, but this is fairly difficult as I end my first week. The pain and discomfort of my SFN is creeping back, and I have other symptoms, like insomnia.

So, I wonder if my neurological problems will resolve and then I won't be able to return to Gabapentin, once I've concluded my taper.

There are no other drugs as successful, according to my research.

Right now I'm also dealing with a new found cyst on my lumbar spine, which is causing pain if I stand or walk. So I have a bunch of stuff going on.

I'll keep you posted on how my Gabapentin experiment is progressing.

Hugs, ElaineD
Sorry for your troubles. I hope you can find a different med to help. Are they going to try to transition you to something else? Many people have luck with nortriptylene. Have you tried it?
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (08-03-2016)