View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I used up a bottle of Aspercreme with Lidocaine, on that stairway fall. I hit both shins just below both knees on the steps, and at first worried that I broke them. I put my two ice packs on them ASAP, (hubby helped) and went straight to bed with them.

In the morning there were no bruises, but I couldn't touch either with my fingers ---Owieeee! So it was the Aspercreme/Lidocaine for a week for them. Took a full month to get back to baseline. I am very lucky to have that good bone density.

I also whacked my right shoulder, which is not in great shape either, but that only lasted 2 or 3 days. I had the walking pole in my right hand and it saved my head and full weight hitting the stair ends. I use it all the time now going up and down. I never put much weight on it, but use it for balance and focus.
It did get bent, and hubby straightened it, but it won't telescope anymore. I used to only use it outside and in public, but I now use it about 50% indoors. Many poles have poor quality rubber tips, so I replaced them with Leks tips which are much better. Got them at Moosejaw, and once at Ebay.

One has to be ultra careful with neuropathy and falls!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (08-02-2016), hbielski1905 (08-03-2016)