Thread: My New Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I spent two hours at the gastro's office yesterday and left no wiser as to what the mass is, what is causing the pain, or what my new bowel regiment is going to be. I had a low grade temp of 99.8F before I got there (but tylenol was effective), and the NP had concerns about the physical exam, so she wanted to consult with my gastro, and said she'd call me back after she spoke with him.

A medical assistant called me about 2 hours(?) later to tell me I had to have a STAT CT scan to rule out diverticulitis and appendicitis, so I spent another three hours dealing with that.

When the receptionist in radiology called the on-call doctor with the results, he said he wasn't familiar with me because I wasn't his patient, and since the radiologist didn't find anything "acute" (thank God) I could go home (thank God), but I have to call the office (this) morning.

Of course, the radiology report from last night was a "wet read," which means it was a cursory look, and he was only ruling out emergencies. A radiologist will do a more thorough reading to look at everything, and one of the doctors in the practice will have to review the report and probably look at the images himself before I get my results. They are so slow in that office, it probably won't be today.

I may not have any answers, but I just feel so much better now that I've been examined and know I'm not walking around with some kind of ticking time bomb

I was up before 5am yesterday and didn't get a nap in because of all of my medical adventures. I was exhausted and out of it before falling asleep around 8:30. I wish I could have slept in, but Dottie meowed in my face around 6am looking for affection.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-03-2016), mymorgy (08-03-2016)