View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 04:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
You're welcome.

Unfortunately, neither of those statements are correct. I mean, perhaps most people will have burning pain, especially with SFN, but that will certainly not be their only symptom. That's simply false. In fact, I barely have mild burning once in a blue moon, but have all sorts of other symptoms. If you read through the posts on this forum, you'll get a sense for the many different symptoms people experience with SFN or even plain old PN.

As for the second statement, if a neurologist made such an idiotic statement, then he/she is precisely that, an idiot. Neuropathy will most often present in the distal regions, so feet and hands, but not necessarily, especially in SFN. Mine is whole body and I'm not the only one on here with this presentation. There are numerous articles online, on PubMed, discussing full-body small fiber neruopathy (SFN).

Yeah , another doctor told me it can be pain all over with SFN , but the first I ask was because is my case (only pain and tendersness) and for that reason doctors think I dont have neuropathy. To have only this (as far as I know) and no other symptom. All blood works, MRI, EMG and they (neurologists) did me his clinical neurological test 1000 times and dont found anything. The other symtom was itch/ tender to itch on specific points but like you said once in a blue moon.

I also have asked for other symptoms but maybe its nothing to do with a possible neuropathy, no doctors care. Part of the body tender to cold (to touch), feet prone to cramps (to flex them), and lately I noticed red palms of hands when warm them up; and one day , with one hand feel water to touch hotter than it was really o.O

Btw I have a consultation next week, I believe It will be key.
Marianolp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote