View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Oh, I sure understand this post well.

My balance is suffering. I drop stuff everyday. I keep a picker/reacher with me on the sofa for that. (I work on my art from the downstairs sofa.)

About 2 months ago I stumbled going up the stairs. and banged myself up painfully. It took a month for the pain to quiet down. I have been using an aluminum hiking pole all this year around the house, and it helps me alot. I think I would be in worse shape from my trip up the stairs had I not had it.
I also focus on every step when using the stairs. Gone are the days for me of automatically getting around.

Ankle sprains are very painful and longlasting IMO. I hope you sought some help and advice immobilizing your injury properly.
I have poles as well for walking but don't have to use around the house, only when our and about. I too have fallen you the stairs but not hurt myself till I missed the last step going down.

I saw my doc, who got me a boot. No breaks OK the x-ray. Seeing an ortho next week. Hoping to find out what the deal is. Will keep you all informed.

[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
hbielski1905 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote