View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know everyone's different, but at least for me, it's a difficult situation. Of course I'd want to go on the trip, but I know I couldn't tolerate the weather. Depending on where it is and your options, if you can get a motel room near the camping site and visit with your family part of the time, maybe that is a solution. If you visit with them a little bit in the mornings, when it is cooler, that might be easier on your MG. Then you can stay in your motel room or do some other trips near your motel room, hopefully in air-conditioned comfort. Maybe you can see a movie! Camping in 90-degree weather would really be very difficult, at least for me, and I think for a lot of people with MG. It could increase our symptoms and might even prompt an exacerbation or crisis which could put us in the hospital.

Again, it's very hard, but for me I would choose to stay home. It wouldn't be worth the risk to make myself more sick and possibly put myself in danger due to the heat. I'd tell my family that I am sorry I can't go this time, but I look forward to seeing them at the next gathering, which hopefully will be soon. You need to do what's best for you, of course, but whatever choice you make, please take good care of yourself.

Take care,
Erin
ErinBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-04-2016), pingpongman (08-04-2016)