View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you ladies

I had a real **** day yesterday…

By the time I went to take a shower we had no water. I used fanny wipes to clean up and wipe off my face before heading to the hospital.

Of course when I got there, they didn't have the order. The (same) medical assistant faxed it to the wrong number. I don't know how long I was left standing at the window before they figured that one out, but it was too long. I had to go through registration twice because they assumed the NP would order the same tests she did the night before, but they were wrong.

I got home at 12:30. I couldn't put off my nap, and ended up sleeping from 2-4pm, and woke up sweating. I took my temp and it was 98.1F… the lowest it's been in over a week. Since there was still no word from the gastro's office, I called and eventually got in touch with the NP.

My blood work came back fine, so I have "uncomplicated diverticulitis," and can be treated outpatient (thank God). I guess that's usually how things go down. I'll be taking Augmentin 875/125mg twice a day for 10 days. I also got her to call in a refill for Protonix, something I have been too distracted to ask for, but have been suffering without. For now, I'm going to continue to take samples of the Linzess for my constipation, but it's not a long term plan because, as you know, I can't afford it. We haven't discussed diet yet. Right now, the focus is on just treating the diverticulitis.

My pharmacy called and I had to spend about a half an hour on the phone with a tech because she said my insurance didn't go through. She said they had two profiles for me. I told her several times to look me up using my birthday, but for some reason she ignored that advice. Eventually she got her **** together, and the issue was straightened out. I had to go to pick up the scripts after dinner, and wasn't exactly thrilled to be waiting in a long line at the pharmacy at 7:30pm at night.

My husband is on call this week, but he came home with a 12-pack yesterday and he drank all but one. I was worried all evening that he would get a call. He obviously couldn't go. He's usually better about not drinking, or only having 1-2, when he's on call because taking service calls is part of his job.

He found cat puke on his side of the bed when he went in to go to sleep. There's nothing like cleaning up cat puke at 9:30 at night to end a perfect day! lol.

I think I'm just sick of not feeling well and dealing with all the bull****.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (08-04-2016), Mari (08-04-2016), mymorgy (08-06-2016)