View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I have to agree with Erin. Unless you have an air-conditioned cabin or hotel/motel, you don't stand a chance. In which case, you'd better hope there's a hospital close by.

This is the hardest part of having MG; missing out on activities with family or friends. What healthy person wouldn't want to be outside enjoying the summer?

I personally can't do it anymore and haven't for a long time. It's not worth the trip to the ER.

If someone is stable and on drugs other than Mestinon, there might be things one could do to tolerate it. It would still be a risk.

There are cooling vests that some people use. But I've found that using those kind of "tools" can be deceptive. Even a vest can't cool down the entire body.

You might be in the denial or bargaining phase of MG! Unless someone has an air-conditioned Michelin suit, your MG will tank you under those hot conditions.

If someone says, "No, those pants don't make you look fat," you won't die from it. But lying about what MG can do, could endanger your life.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote