View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 11:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy s View Post
So is it taking the laxative or controlling the constipation that is the key? In other words, if constipation can be controlled by sufficient liquids, prune juice, foods with fibre etc. rather than drugs, is that just as good? Or is it something about the medication. Obviously the novel drugs are no better than older laxatives.

And I wonder if it slowed down other symptoms as well or just rigidity? I understand that it's better to keep research as pinpointed as possible and I didn't see any mention of other symptoms in the paper.
sorry- i forgot to mention that the endpoint was rigidity measured by physicians-- it also correlated well with patients perception of rigidity-- but no other study endpoints in article-----

interestingly--it says when infection with the bug that causes gastritis and stomach ulcers -helicobactor pyelori-- when present-is treated-usually a prolonged course of multiple antibiotics-- hypokinesia- slowness of movements improved--- but-presumably because of the antibiotics-rigidity got worse
schwad01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote