View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Welcome Chi-town! Ask us anything, we may have the answer, or maybe not, but we will sure do our best to keep you lifted up!
Thanks Icehouse (and everybody who welcomed me). I guess my first question would be whether anybody has experience with a longer onset situation like what I have (had). It's been a long time and I still get around and function pretty well. I can still play basketball (although I find regular running and now even brisk walking uses the muscles in my lower legs in a different way that often results in cramps).

From what I read, the longer the condition exists, the less likely it is to improve but, the recent motor symptoms have been by far the most troubling so if by stopping now, I can improve that, I guess that would be pretty good. At the end of the day, whether it can improve or not is only part of the equation - I need to stop to try to prevent it from getting worse anyways. So, the answer to whether a longer onset situation can improve really is almost irrelevant other than hope feels better as a motivator than fear ;-)

Thanks again!
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (08-04-2016), newstown (08-07-2016), Wide-O (08-05-2016)