View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Hi, I'm trying to find other people with this condition to learn more about it, since my boyfriends little 12 year old sister has a severe case of this in Japan and we are trying to bring her here to the U.S to get treatment. If you read this message and can share some information I would really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock1 View Post
Here's a new one folks. I have suffered from this miserable condition for 8 years now. The other day I thought I was going to die from the intense crushing/burning we all get. I looked down at my arm and it was oozing blood out of the pores. Freaked me out bad. I rushed to the ER and they were just as freaked as I was. They were clueless. It took massive amounts of IV pain meds to get it under control. It was a real mess.

My pm doctor sent me to a dermatologist and he confirmed that it was "hematidrosis", a condition when pain and anxiety collide and cause the small capillaries around your sweat glands to burst, mix with the sweat and exit your body thus causing a bloody mess. It left severe bruising for days, weeks after.

Has anyone else had this happen? Now that I know what it is, I won't be so freaked out next time (if) it happens. Kinda scary.
trinba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote