View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachissimo View Post
I am not sure whether I should start a thread or join this since I have vision related questions. Vision (especially convergence issues) are one of the measurable and obvious post-concussion symptoms in my case.

- do you know if there are downsides to having a prism? Does that reduce the ability of the eye to recover? I feel my therapist was a bit hesitant and gave me reading glasses "with a little of prism". But I am unable to work now...

- Do you think getting a big screen would help. Large fonts, would they reduce eye strain and improve symptoms?

I would be grateful for your thoughts on these two issues.
I went to my vestibular therapist today to chat with her about vision therapy. She was thrilled that my eye dr did not want to put me in prism glasses mainly because she felt it was not a proven technology. I know I sure wouldn't want to wear them for a upwards of a year plus.

The more I read and talk to people, the more convinced I am to give Vision therapy a shot.

Also, for what it's worth, I did buy a larger 26" computer monitor and I know it has helped my eye strain (at the very least).
Pcsblows is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote