Old 08-05-2016, 07:33 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Hi, Kay,

"Uncomplicated diverticulitis" does not sound like fun but I am glad that can be treated outpatient." You have a lot of patience dealing with numskulls and bureaucracy.

I hope that the bs lightens up and you can start feeling good.

M
I really don't have patience though. All of it bothers me, and it's stressful, but I'm just resigned to the fact that I have to no choice but to go through all this ****.

Hopefully nothing like this will happen again, but if it does, I expect the staff in my gastro's office to take me seriously. There is no reason why I should have had to go through a week + of this. The on call doctor should have ordered the colon cleanse the first time I called rather than prescribing a med that wouldn't clean me out and would take 48-72 hrs to work, and whoever was responsible for reviewing the symptoms I was reporting should have suspected diverticulitis much sooner.

Yesterday was a day of rest. Other than taking my meds, I didn't have to deal with any medical BS. I had a horrendous headache from restarting the Protonix, didn't feel well in general, and ended up sleeping from about 2-5:30pm. As of this morning, I've only taken 4 doses of the Augmentin, so it's a little early to expect it to be working, but I'm optimistic it will.

I cleaned the sink and the toilet yesterday, but never got around to the tub or the floor. I vacuumed Monday, but I haven't done laundry or anything else this week. The apartment is a mess! But it can stay that way until next week when I'm feeling better.

I have to do food shopping today. There's no way around it. My shopping list is long. I've taken a look at it, and breaking it up into 2 trips won't make much of a difference.

My husband is at his breaking point at work. I'm afraid he's going to lose it and quit. We don't have any kind of cushion. I'm going to keep playing the lottery…

I've been thinking of Bobby a lot, and hoping she is doing well. I hope everything went smoothly, and she'll be able to go home tomorrow
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (08-06-2016), Dmom3005 (08-05-2016), Mari (08-05-2016), mymorgy (08-06-2016)