View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well howdy folks! Long time no see!
Hope everyone's doing well! I know I am!

Let's catch up, shall we? Lots of stuff happening in my life right now!

The company I worked 27 years for went bankrupt abruptly back in Feb. and left both employees and clients hanging. I stayed on through the transition and just received a "thanks for helping out and see you later" letter today. I am laid off as of the 21st. I wish it had ended a back in May like they told me it would so I could have had the whole summer off and then I realized I can go chase summer now if I want to! I'm excited to see what's coming next at this stage in my life! All I have to do now is convince my neuro and Biogen that I can do my own infusions so I can hit the road and see the world. Anyone had any luck doing that yet?

I lost insurance back in Feb. and ate the cost of one infusion and then skipped one before I was able to get insurance through the ACA (Thank You Mr. President!) and got back on track. Still on the every 28 days schedule, my neuro decided against changing to a longer interval and I had no ill effects from the missed dose. I have an HMO for the first time in my life and that was an eyeopener! Holy Cow! Bless you all who have had to deal with the idjits for years. I finally found a lovely GP and she has accepted that I have my own mind and works extremely well with me after minimal training.

I lost track of # of infusions off the top of my head but whatever the number is when you started in May 2007 and missed two infusions is where I am at...LOL!

As usual, no signs, no symptoms, no relapses, nothing except the spasticity and fatigue that I won when Tysabri was off market wayyy back when.

Life is good.

HI SAL!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (08-14-2016), Jappy (08-30-2016), Natalie8 (10-22-2016), tkrik (08-06-2016)