View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Bed I built for Alan

Hi All.

Been some time since I shared anything. Been busy taking care of him and I also have an ingrown toenail which I am taking care of so I built myself a hard shell to go over my toes (my doctor told me to stop wearing sandals and to let my toe HEAL), so I am finally listening to him. It's hard to go sandal-less in summer but if I bang this toe one more time I'm going to kill myself. I use tea tree oil, I soak once a day in epsom salt and it works wonders but then my friend accidentally kicked me in that toe and imagine a sore toe from the beginning, GETTING MORE SORE. And because I have diabetic neuropathy (which is controlled by my B-12), well I have to stop wearing sandals and that's the end of that story.

Now on to why I am here. Alan has neuropathy for 25 years. He can't feel when he bangs his foot agains the wall during the night or when he kicks the bottom rail (He needs both rails in case he falls out of bed and now there are no more falls). So I said to myself "They put bumper guards in baby cribs so why can't I? I will put sheets over these foam things eventually but I just wanted to share what I came up with. I made these out of an extra mattress topper that I had that I no longer need because I prefer a HARD bed as opposed to lying on one of these soft things. But they make perfect bumper guards. Alan can no longer bang anything while he sleeps. No pun intended!!! lol. Here's the link to my photo of this new bed. He has a mattress topper on the bed and now he has the bumper guards on the side and on the bottom. Take a look.

Double click on the photo and it will show you the whole bed
NewBed by SPROUTLADY | Photobucket

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
glenntaj (08-06-2016), Lukesmom (08-13-2016), mrsD (08-05-2016)