View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 05:08 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskari85 View Post
Mat,

That is great news that you have a diagnosis. I know how frustrating it is not to know.

Is there any way you are in ketosis from a low carb diet? That can cause a nasty taste in your mouth. I am keto adapted and my mouth and breath smells/tastes like acetone (nail polish remover) it's the worst!
No I'm on a pretty healthy balanced diet including carbs. I think mine must be either part of the neuropathy - which does affect my mouth - or bruxism for which I use a night guard but still... Perhaps this grinding is the cause? Or GORD related perhaps? My hubby and sons assure me I don't have smelly breath but it really is a distressing and very longstanding symptom. It really affects my relationship with food I must say. It's like a sour milk, rotten meat sort of taste - the relief comes with salty tasting saliva I dredge from my throat. Or sugar free gum/ boiled sweets. Ugh!

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases

Last edited by MAT52; 08-05-2016 at 05:24 PM.
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (08-05-2016)