View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

I cannot personally vouch for the attorney that Cleo provided you the name of, but I would ask you to consider contacting him with your situation and see what he advises you to do.

Dental problems affect our overall health, not just our oral health. You continue to have one physical ailment after another which you feel, and you may be right, that they are connected to your dental problems. You have also been subjected to a lot of radiation in a short amount of time which also affects your overall health. If the infection is still brewing in the area of the dental implant or any of the surrounding area, sinuses, etc., antibiotics are not going to cure that infection. In fact, they will lower your resistance even further. The problem needs to be diagnosed and treated properly and it has become very obvious that the first oral surgeon is not going to explore this any further.

In your recent post you stated, and I believe for the first time, that the ENT had referred you to the second oral surgeon. Those were the ones who needed to collaborate on your case. If you did ask and they didn't seem interested, you needed to insist upon it. It is not too late to do that. However, keep in mind that because you kept going back to the original oral surgeon and because you let him go ahead with the implant ... it is not going to be easy to get any dentist or ENT on board because of the liability concerns to undue or correct what has already taken place. But you cannot keep going on like this so it may behoove you to try and communicate with that ENT.

I also want to point out that medical doctors, even those in the ER are not going to know if your current situation is oral health related or not. They are taught next to nothing about teeth and oral health related problems. They will likely prescribe an antibiotic and send you on your way.

When you speak to the ENT and to the referred oral surgeon, do not mention the possibility of speaking to an attorney. That will scare them away. However, it may behoove you to contact that attorney and consult with him about your case.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
The attorney will come later. I just need to get myself better. Yesterday I started with a little cough and now I have just woken up in the middle of the night finding it hard to breathe. My chest feels heavy and it feels like there is fluid in there, kind of like when I have bronchitis. I have a terrible taste in my mouth also. My chest is burning. Can I get pneumonia from this? This is starting to really scare me. I may be heading to the ER soon.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote