View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi bryanna,

thank you for your response! i have no teeth where the 2/3s of the old bridge is gone. the bridge is more than 20 years old! i chew only on the left side...the side of the remaining failing bridge.

the fracture is on the porcelain face of the incisor which is baked onto the metal frame. the tooth itself consists of a heavily drilled down, pointy stump.

i am very worried about the pain connected with a total renovation of my mouth. in order to be fitted with dentures, i guess i will need to have all remaining teeth extracted. yikes!

several dentists have said i need about 8 or 9 implants. but dentures may be a quicker solution than implants.

the other problem is the costs involved with implants. dentures, i think, would be less expensive but i don't know if dentures are more aesthetically pleasing than implants with crowns. also, i have heard that dentures take alot of getting used to. what do you think?

so if i don't have the root canal, what if anything, can stop the pain? how does the bad tooth get extracted? does the entire bridge need to get removed asap?

i am very confused & overwhelmed!
antonina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote