View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
"Would it have a better track record for Sjogren's neuropathy than Rituximab though?"

Mat, obviously discuss this with your clinical team but as far as I can see Rituximab does not seem to be very effective Treatment of primary Sjogren syndrome with rituximab: a randomized trial. - PubMed - NCBI. There is a commentary on this clinical trial here Does Rituximab Help Patients With Primary Sjogren Syndrome? | Annals of Internal Medicine.
Thanks for this Kiwi - very useful to have these links prior to rheumy appointment. A UK friend on another forum was recently diagnosed with P Sjogren's and put straight onto Rituximab with Hydroxichloraquine. She isn't feeling the benefit yet and has a glandular plus RA rather than neuropathic presentation. But she's only had one infusion so far and I assumed that it is now part of the treatment protocol for primary Sjogren's in the UK. I think I'm more interested in IViG for myself.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote