View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,

Then perhaps you should have asked the ENT for a different referral? Which you still can do. You need to understand the reluctance of a doctor who is not real thrilled about running repetitive scans on you especially if he knows the problem is evident on what he has already taken.

So another antibiotic with no diagnosis. This is unfortunately mainstream medicine, irrelevant of the reputation of the hospital, which is about as helpful as a brick when it comes to dental problems.

The CT scans that you have had done, were they 2D or 3D scans? It is imperative to have a 3D scan because it much more diagnostic than a 2D. Before you go and have another one or another MRI, check to see specifically which type of scan they were. If they were 3D scans, then you have had enough scans to diagnose the problem and I would urge you to NOT keep getting them. Radiation exposure to your head, especially in a short amount of time, is a very serious and can be an irreversible health hazard.

An oral surgeon can remove the implant and remove as much bone grafting as possible. This surgery may involve the sinus. Sometimes the oral surgeon performs the implant and graft removal and the ENT performs the sinus surgery. This is often done simultaneously. It is important to NOT assume that the oral problem is not connected to a sinus issue. The connection needs to be ruled out with positivity prior to removing the implant if at all possible. This is where the 3D scan comes into play at it will show all of those anatomical areas in multi dimensions.

If you contact the attorney that Cleo provided, do not assume you are filing a law suit. I think it would be worth the consult to see how this guy could help you get beyond where you are at now.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels31 View Post
I went to the referred oral surgeon. He didn't really do anything except look at my ct scan, feel the outside, told me he was friends with the first oral surgeon and send me on my way. He was no help whatsoever. Today I did go to the ER. I felt like death, was running a fever and worried I might go septic, the ER doc did exactly as you said, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. No blood test, but he offered to do a ct scan, I refused and told him I wanted an MRI but apparently they don't do that on weekends. He gave me an antibiotic shot. I have been coughing a lot, but he said my lungs are clear. This was at San Diegos best hospital. One more question, would they be able to take out the implant and the two bone grafts, clean it out real good and then redo it?I do have a call into the ENT to get an MRI. But of coarse, they never called back. I am really at a loss of what to do, I am ready to give up.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote