View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 06:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Angels,

Then perhaps you should have asked the ENT for a different referral? Which you still can do. You need to understand the reluctance of a doctor who is not real thrilled about running repetitive scans on you especially if he knows the problem is evident on what he has already taken.

So another antibiotic with no diagnosis. This is unfortunately mainstream medicine, irrelevant of the reputation of the hospital, which is about as helpful as a brick when it comes to dental problems.

The CT scans that you have had done, were they 2D or 3D scans? It is imperative to have a 3D scan because it much more diagnostic than a 2D. Before you go and have another one or another MRI, check to see specifically which type of scan they were. If they were 3D scans, then you have had enough scans to diagnose the problem and I would urge you to NOT keep getting them. Radiation exposure to your head, especially in a short amount of time, is a very serious and can be an irreversible health hazard.

An oral surgeon can remove the implant and remove as much bone grafting as possible. This surgery may involve the sinus. Sometimes the oral surgeon performs the implant and graft removal and the ENT performs the sinus surgery. This is often done simultaneously. It is important to NOT assume that the oral problem is not connected to a sinus issue. The connection needs to be ruled out with positivity prior to removing the implant if at all possible. This is where the 3D scan comes into play at it will show all of those anatomical areas in multi dimensions.

If you contact the attorney that Cleo provided, do not assume you are filing a law suit. I think it would be worth the consult to see how this guy could help you get beyond where you are at now.

Bryanna
Hi Bryanna,
Is the panoramic xray a 3D xray? They have done so many scans and can't find anything. This is definitely tied to the left side of my face and I KNOW it is from my teeth, I can feel it. The whole time I have had a bitter taste coming from that area and they are saying there is no way it is coming from there because it is all healed. I do feel a little better today as I don't have the fever anymore. I do think that shot helped a little. But I have drainage and sticky mucus all on the left side. It is making me cough. My left ear is ringing constantly. The ct scan is what the ENT was looking at and he said that it looked like there are roots in my sinus but when I told him that I had a bone graft he said it was the grafting material then. The oral surgeon is adamate that nothing looks wrong. I do need to call and let him know what is going on. I felt like I had an infection since I had the implant put in. When I had the Last MRI it caught the infection in tooth number 15 when the CT scans were not. The last maxofacial MRI scan I had was before #15 was removed. That is where I feel the problem is. The MRI is safe, or at least safer than a ct. I hate doing them but it will be worth it if something shows up.
I feel like people are probably reading this and saying maybe this lady is a nut! But this is real and I think I am a normal person! (I guess ask my husband! Lol) I can take a lot of pain. But this is ridiculous after a year and 7 months. Someone needs to figure it out. Nobody should have to live like this. One of the best days of my life will be when someone figures it out. I keep hoping.
Angels31 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote