View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's so deflating to be criticized or doubted when we already beat ourselves up enough.
Everyone in your world may not be supportive but at least you know everyone here gets it and understand when you need to vent your frustrations.

One simple thing I do for a brief lift is use google images. I enter "beautiful beaches" or "golden retriever puppies" and it always gives me a little lift. Or I use Netflix or YouTube and listen to my favorite comedians.

Are the ones who criticize you or doubt you people who can be temporarily avoided or eliminated from your life? I don't mean to sound like this is easy but I got to a point with two of my brothers that it was too stressful to keep them in my life because they were critical and insensitive. Yes, it changed family dynamics but, I was much happier. With my husband, when things get tough, we go to counseling together or I will just go away for a bit and put some space between us and that always helps.

And, I always find strength in remembering that these issues cycle up and down in our life, always. This is a down time but, it WILL cycle up again. I promise

I'd also like to mention, I have had good luck with using Sam-E to manage depression and
it has other benefits as well( cleanse liver, help joint pain, etc).

Please know you are not alone in how you are feeling. If only we could wave a wand.....
My best,
D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-08-2016), ger715 (08-08-2016), Littlepaw (08-12-2016), PamelaJune (08-08-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-28-2016), RSD ME (08-08-2016), St George 2013 (08-10-2016), zinnia (08-08-2016)