View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 07:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Elaine,
What does your doctor suggest you have done with the cysts?? Cysts can still come back; I would think draining them would help relieve some of the pressure. I had several cysts in an out of my lumbar vertebra removed along with spinal fusion/laminectomy.

From what I read, it appears, thank God, that you do not have significant spinal cord narrowing. I did need to have a wide laminectomy at L4-5 with the fusion. Even tho the worst part of the narrowing of the spinal cord has been removed (the lamina covering spinal cord); I continue to have spinal stenosis in the rest of the spinal cord.

I do take daily opioid meds for the continuing spinal pain/stenosis, along with dealing with PN.

Gerry
Dear Gerry,

I see the first spine doctor today.

I have this at the sit of the cyst: Marked narrowing of the central canal.

You are the FIRST PERSON I've met who has had cysts. I am so excited to meet you and I so hope you can share you experience, strength and hope as I go through the experience.

I am very frightened. I cannot take opioid medications, and if I have to have surgery I can't imagine how i will manage any of it.

PLEASE know how grateful I am that you have posted.

i also have profound PN and wear braces to be able to WALK at all. I have a high tolerance for pain, but this pain from the cyst when I stand has me confined to a chair and to my bed most of the time. For five minutes standing it takes 20 minutes for the pain to subside.

Please help me as I know I will have questions after I see this first spine doctor at Duke. He is NOT a surgeon. Should I start with cyst aspiration? I understand it is not often successful for more than 2-3 months?

Thanks so much for answering my call for help.

Hugs, ElaineD
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote